Seems like I have been neglecting the blog a little bit. Not on purpose I assure you. Seems I have gotten myself involved in a bit much right now…and so things will be sketchy until I get all caught up but here is a quick roundup:
- I sang with the Praise Team for the first time in almost 4 years on Nov 15. It was scary. And fun. And nerve-racking. And exhilarating. More to come in December. Just need to get past the scary parts.
- I will be officially taking over the operation of the Women’s Ministry Blog for First Baptist. Karen Wilson – who has done an amazing job setting us up and getting us running – has felt God calling her elsewhere and has stepped down. If you ahve not checked out the blog…please do at http://womenbydesign.wordpress.com (or by clicking on the link on my right hand toolbar).
- I will be singing “O Holy NIght” for Christmas Eve this year. If you can join us, the services are at 5:30 and 7:30 at the First Baptist Church of Woodbridge.
- I did in fact draw a winner for the Post 100 drawing….drumroll please….the winner is Teri Miller! She writes one comment and wins a prize…see how easy that is? Next time I hope you will join us. I am working on finishing the prize for Ms. Miller and should have it to her by Dec 1. Teri – I will email you with the details.
- Spending Thanksgiving with my sister and her family and her in-laws. It will most likely be the last one for a while…not really sure how any of us will handle them being so far away.
- Not ready for Christmas shopping. Are you?
- There are a few special events at FBCW this year for Christmas…hope you can join us for these special services:
- December 4 – Women’s Ministry Ornament Exchange. Sign-ups at the Women’s Ministry table. Please do sign up as the event usually is full and there may not be enough seats if you do not sign-up.
- December 13 – Choir christmas concert – The Festival of 9 Lessons and Carols
- December 20 – Praise Team christmas concert – The Story Part 1
- December 24 – Christmas Eve at 5:30 and 7:30 (the first service tends to be full so arrive early to ensure you have a seat)
- Happy to know a new year and a new decade are coming soon…this one was not one for the books as far as I am concerned.
- Finished setting up my Christmas Journal book for scrapbooking my Christmas this year.
- Finally, my hard drive died on my computer. Somethings were lost. I hopefully will have a new one tomorrow. If I ask you a second time for pictures or files…well don’t be too mad…
Have a good week all.