I found this questionnaire about looking back at 2009 and I pledge right now this is the last time I write about looking back at last year. You can find the Q’s here.
Reflection Questions for 2009
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
I found my way back to music…
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
realizing that someone I loved had no knowledge of how to give love back
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Reconnecting on facebook with my past
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
love, loss, music
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
no spouse to speak of
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
8. What were the best books you read this year?
I didn’t read nearly enough but I think The Red Tent (a fictional story about Dinah from the Bible)
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Heather and Mom and Sara and Matthew and Penny
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
realizing that I would not settle for less than I deserve…I always thought I would
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I found some strength and proverbial “Big Girl Panties” this year
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Early in the year I would have said I gained in my expressions of love but I lost a lot of that. Spiritually I think I took a step backwards for a while at the end of the year…starting over in 2010.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Didn’t…that is this year
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I learned to give more, talk more about what is bothering me, share more. Open more.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
This I am not good at. But I have been growing fond of purging.
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
Clutter and laundry
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
FACEBOOK and Farmville
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Singing and scrapbooking.
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.