I have been an advid reader most of my life. The last 10 years or so I have seen it drop off a bit…busy doing rather than reading about doing. But I have a closet full of books I can’t wait to read. So today I thought I would list out the books I love. My classicss…some fun, some serious and some pure fluff.
1. 1984 – George Orwell. I read this in High School like many and it is the one book from that time that really stuck out as a favorite. I am not one to go back and read a book more than once, but I always think about doing just that with this one.
2. The Promise – Danielle Steele. First let me apologize for this book. I used to read her books. I have not in years. But this one, this one that happens to not be an original Steele story, I love. Love. Love. Kind of reminds me of An Affair to Remember. It is a love story gone tragic. And the needed happy ending.
3. The Story of the Other Wiseman – Henry Van Dyke. I have this as a childrens book – I really got that version for the beautiful illustrations. The story tells of the 4th Wiseman sent to find the Christ child and how he manages to never meet Christ in person but instead does the work of Christ while searching for Him.
4. Bridges of Madison County – Robert James Waller. I never really beleived I was such a romantic until I looked at this list. I could bypass the whole book just to read one of the essays in the end of the book – about a jazz musician and his connection to the story.
5. And the Band Played On – Randy Shilts. This book brought the AIDS crisis of the 1980’s to a bright and real reality. I read it after seeing the movie by the same name.
Well there is 5…maybe movies will be next.