I abandoned this blog a little while ago. Life was busy. Lots of late nights and early mornings and commitments to the blog I run for the women’s ministry at my church left me without any desire to write. Well at least, write more.
But lots has been happening. I talked a little at the beginning of the year about my 2011 Word. It is Finally. It represents a lot and I can’t think of a better way to kick off what is, hopefully, a string of new posts.
- I hired a trainer, went back to Weight Watchers and joined a gym. It is not perfect. I am not perfect. This food thing will be with me for a while and as “good” as I try to be, I still want a Five Guys burger and fries…and for now that is not going away.
- I have been trying to get my finances in order. This is not major life changing stuff…I am not deeply in debt, do not have frivolous credit accounts, nor do I feel restricted most of the time. But I can’t afford to live in the place I would like to live…and so I am trying to see what I can do about that.
- Work is progressing and the learning curve is large and at times frustrating. But learning is happening…and messing up is happening as well.
- I am learning to only say yes to the things that mean something to me.
- I am making some hard decisions this year that may prove to be unpopular…but they are changes that have to be made. I know that God will be there with me. I hope some others are as well.
In the meantime, I will try and be better about writing. It can be part of my finally…