I have been in and out of this blog of late looking over past writings and trying to justify why I had not written in a while. I told myself it was due to several factors – that when I had something to write I wrote it on the Women’s Ministry Blog I ran, or that there was so little happening in my life that I had nothing to contribute. But…none of that was especially true. Life has been stressful and I let this go. It is simple and easy to understand. The stress of the last year has been overwhelming and many days I felt like I was barely holding it together. My infrequent trips to this blog were brief and small. But baby do I feel like getting back in it!
So what has been happening?
- I traveled – to Texas and California to see my sister and best friend respectively. It was a wonderful 10 days of relaxing and stressing and walking and driving and keeping up. It felt like normal peoples lives. I loved it. A lot of great conversation and a lot of laughs…not to mention some time with the 2 munchkins I love.
- I left my church – I wrote about it on the Women’s Blog and if you are interested in the why’s you can read about it here. It was a big decision and it has been a lot harder emotionally than I imagined. Technically I am still on the rolls…and I have one more Sunday to sing there. And then officially I am gone.
- I visited new churches – and have a few more to visit still. I think I am headed in a path for now – but if I have learned anything in this process is never try to anticipate what God will call you to. Where I am now, may not be where I end up. I am trying to enjoy the process.
- I realized how unhappy I am with certain parts of my life and am trying to make changes. Little by little.
- I have been working out with my trainer each week and now have decided to try my first 5K next month. Part of me thinks I have lost my mind about this.
- Work is in a “slower” period which does not mean slow…just SLOWER. It will not be long before we are back to the rush.