10 things I am excited about right now:
1. Project Life: I bought a kit called Project Life almost a year ago. And I have done little more than take it out of the box and ooh and aah over it. Designed by Becky Higgins (who used to work for Creating Keepsakes magazine), this scrapbooking project is about helping people either document their memories in a small format (daily pictures or memories) or to help them quickly “catch up” – something most scrapbookers never seem to be able to do. I know exactly what I am going to do with mine and I can’t wait. I have been pulling things and organizing them and getting them prepared so I can start on this as soon as I can. If you are interested, you can check out details of Project Life here. It is the perfect way for people who hate scrapbooking to actually scrapbook or the for the perpetually behind to catch up.
3. The Killing: This new show on AMC is keeping me glued to the TV on Sunday nights. It is a season long mystery of the murder of a teenage girl. It has received a lot of criticism that it is too slow, not moving along, and too focused on the grief (called grief porn) of the parents. But really, it is a beautifully shot, gripping emotional look at how this murder affects the family, the police and the someone who becomes peripherally involved in the case.
4. Season finales: I always love this time of year as we bring shows to a close for the season (of course I also wish we didn’t have to say goodbye for several months). I am looking forward to seeing:
- Who wins American Idol
- NCIS and the Port-to-Port killer reveal
- How I Met Your Mother and the wedding
- Big Bang Theory and Sheldon’s new roommate (I hope, I hope ,I hope it is Amy Farrah Fowler!)
- Mike & Molly (my new favorite sitcom)
- Glee at Nationals (and tonight’s return of Jesse St. James!)
- Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime
- White Collar on USA Network
- Covert Affairs also on USA
- Project Runway on Lifetime
- The Marriage Ref on NBC