These titles are becoming so cliche.
I posted this quote today on Facebook from one of my favorite movies “That Thing You Do”. It says
I have wasted thousands and thousands of kisses on you; kisses that I thought were special because of your lips and your smile and all your color in life. I used to think that was the real you when you smiled, but now I know you don’t mean any of it…Shame on me for kissing you with my eyes closed so tight.
I have always felt connected to that thought – now more than ever. The idea that we close our eyes to the things we don’t want to see and we waste our time by being blind to the truth in front of us…I get that. But after posting it, a friend or two thought I was taking the wrong approach by seeing my time with T as wasted time. So today, I thought I would write a little about the good – and I will try not to shed tears – or mention the bad – while I do so.
- T was the first man that ever called me beautiful. He made me feel like it was true.
- I loved how is hand felt with mine in it…the confidence of walking around with him.
- I loved how he called me Baby Girl…it felt like I was being taken care of.
- T used to call me several times a day…just to check in. To say he loved me.
- I loved riding around with him doing absolutely nothing.
I can choose to look back and see the whole thing as a waste of my time. Or I can get past the hurt and the pain and see that I was happy for a while. I smiled with T…a lot at times.