- Seeing….holidays lights on the houses in the neighborhood, Christmas trees and Nativity sets in public places, Christmas sale ads, red and green and gold and silver everywhere you look.
- Hearing…Christmas music everywhere you go, children’s wish lists as they walk through the toy department, Ho Ho Ho as you walk past the mall Santa, the quiet mutterings of “I can’t wait for this all to be over” from the hurried mom trying to get her shopping done.
- Smelling…the sweet smell of cookies baking in the oven, cloves and oranges, peppermint and chocolate, fresh evergreens
- Tasting…hot apple cider with red hots in it (a little trick I got from a close friend), sugar cookies, Pfeffernusse cookies (a spiced German favorite), and for me Birthday cake
- Feeling…the cold blustery morning outside and the warmth under the covers inside, tearing gift wrap with your bare hands to get at what is inside, soft gloves on your hands and a scarf around your neck