Last month I wrote a list of 40 things I wanted to do before I turned 40. And since some of them are tasks for each month, I thought I would try to break down the list into a monthly to do. So as a refresher, here is my original list:
- Find a new church home.
- Move into my own apartment. Living by myself with no roommate.
- Take a trip to KY to see my sisters new home.
- Take a trip to SC to see my favorite retired people.
- Start and (almost) complete the 2013 Project Life book I will be starting on Jan 1.
- Last year I gave up soda…this year it is fast food.
- Walk at least the equivalent of a 10K each week.
- Build up a savings account towards buying a house in 2014/15.
- Take pictures at least 3 times a week.
- Blog at least once a week.
- Take an art class from Donna Downey.
- Purge at least 1/4 of the supplies in my scrap room – either by giving, selling or using it up.
- Purge my wardrobe of the things I no longer love and use.
- Keep my nails longer naturally – no biting and no acrylics. (It has been 3 weeks and it is driving me crazy already to try and beat this habit).
- Stay open to dating this year.
- Spend at least 1 day each weekend out in the world instead of being a hermit like I normally am.
- Visit Monticello.
- Learn how to properly use my letterpress machine to its fullest.
- Take a sewing class.
- Read at least 2 books every month.
- Keep my TV consumption down to just 10 hours a week.
- Sing in the Synergy concert this Spring.
- Try public karaoke (I may need a posse for this one).
- Accept at least 1 invitation that I would normally say no to.
- Take a Saturday and spend it in DC taking pictures of the monuments.
- Complete scanning in the family pictures so my sister and I can have copies of them.
- Take the Made to Crave Bible Study at FBCW starting in January.
- Purchase and take the Tim Holtz Chemistry 101 class.
- Try at least 2 new recipes a month.
- Try at least 1 new food a month.
- Try one thing from Pinterest each month and blog about it.
- Embrace my word for 2013 – Renew. Look for places where I can be renewed each day.
- Spend time in prayer each morning before things get too crazy for the day. Allow myself to be quiet in His presence at least half of that time.
- Go to a live concert.
- Listen to 1 new Broadway soundtrack a month.
- Travel to NYC for a weekend in December (a hard one usually since I am busy)
- Have a good headshot taken of me.
- Every year I say I want to fall in love this year. But this time, I say, I want to have someone tell me they love me and really mean it.
- I want to attract new people into my life this year.
- Finally, I want to find a way to serve this year – to give my life some meaning.
January 2013 – To Do list
5. Start Project Life 2013 with a new purpose – relax and let it happen as it does.
6. Give up fast food.
7. Walk 40K this month
9. Take at least 12 pictures.
10. Blog 4 times.
14. Don’t bite my nails
16. Spend at least 1 day each weekend out in the world.
20. Read 2 books
27. Start the Made to Crave Bible Study (next week)
29. Try 2 new recipes
30. Try 1 new food
31. Try one thing from Pinterest.
32. Look for places to be renewed each day.
33. Spend time in prayer each morning.
Whew! It will be quite a month.