So tomorrow marks 4 weeks since I moved to Orange. There are so many good things about being here. I feel like I don’t talk about them enough. So here you go:
- I love love love having my own space. I can put things where I want them and they won’t move before I come back for them.
- It is so quiet here in Orange. And not quiet like in Woodbridge where you can still hear cars outside…I mean quiet like only the country can be.
- People here are a lot nicer than at home. Stores and restaurants and just people in general seem to be a whole lot nicer.
- I am more calm here. I used to drive around the DC area and mumble “I hate people”…now I don’t really hate people – I just hate the selfish, mean way that people act on the road. But here, I don’t say that – it wasn’t until I had to drive back to NOVA that it happened again.
- I am quickly getting to the point where I don’t need to buy anything else for the apartment – I am close but it still seems that daily I find something I still need. Having said that, I am getting to use some things I have never had a place for. For instance, I hung a print today that I bought in 2006 and have never hung or even gotten framed.
- I am also realizing how many things I have that I may not need. That can only mean 1 thing – purge will be coming.
- Without cable TV, I am binge watching Hulu and Netflix and working my way through my DVD/Blu-Ray collection. Finally.
- I sleep better here. I go to sleep earlier on average and I wake up without an alarm clock every day. I feel like I am finally living on my natural sleep rhythms – sleep when tired and wake when ready to be up.
- I don’t use my car that often…and for someone who spent a lot of time driving, that has been a really good thing for my stress level.
- I am more focused and more active here than I have been in the past.
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes. I feel like the beginning is now. I will leave you with – I found a new sign for my wall, it say “Live the life you always imagined”. I am heading in that direction.