This time last year I was preparing for 2014 by picking a word for the year. Normally, I pick a word that I want to strive to. Something I am hoping will inspire me throughout the year to do better, to try harder, to be the person I want to be. Last year I chose a word that I was pretty sure was God trying to tell me something. I chose change.
I like most people am not a huge fan of change – at least not a lot of changes in a small amount of time. And 2014 has had some major ones. If I thought for one second it was not God giving me that word, he proved me wrong for sure.
So I have been thinking on what changes I made in 2014 – and what changes were thrust upon me. Its a pretty big list:
- Job changes
- new supervisor
- losing a client
- gaining a client
- new contact at the client (leading to new challenges)
- pay raise
- working from home full time
- Personal changes
- New furniture
- Living and working in the same space
- New town
- New people
- New church
- New choir
- Living alone for the first time ever
- New relationship
- Ending of said relationship
- First relationship where it did not end with one or both of us being angry
- First time someone made me feel loved like that
Those were the big things – and there are countless little things that have changed this year. I have picked my word for 2015 and as much as I wish I could blithely pick something that is easy for this year – I know where God is leading me. So my pick for 2015 is connections. Can’t wait.