Every year for many years now, I choose a word of the year. The idea behind the practice is that you have a word to focus on and it should help guide you and give you something to work towards.. I am TERRIBLE at the practice. But nevertheless, each year, I pick a new word. I cover my walls in my office with quotes about that word and for at least a month or 2, I keep in mind. See TERRIBLE.
My 2016 word is HAPPINESS. This word scares me and that is part of why I am picking it. So today I am sharing a few of the quotes about happiness I collected today on Pinterest.
- Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. Denis Waitley
- Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others.
- The key to happiness is letting each situation be what it is instead of what you think it should be.
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness.
- You can’t make everybody happy. You’re not a jar of nutella.
- Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
If you have never done this before, I highly encourage it. It starts your year off in a great way.