Each year I have picked a word for the year (OLW = One Little Word). For 2016 I chose HAPPY and like most years I tried to find meaning in the word throughout the year. Later this year, I will write up a end of year post about how it went. For now, I have been looking forward to 2017 and what word I felt God was bringing to me.
I believe the word is SHINE.
- You shine – Be the best you that you can be
- Shine a light on things – be truthful in who you are
- Shine out to the world – Spread the light amongst those around you
- Rise and shine – get up and go do it
- Its ok to be a glowstick, sometimes we need to break to shine
- Stars can’t shine without darkness – the dark times help us be better
- As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same (Marianne Williamson)
- People who shine from within don’t need a spotlight
I will be pulling scripture references soon and if you follow me on Pinterest I always have a board about my OLW (you can even see past years).
If you have never done this project, I promise it is worth trying. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂