Since Christmas kind of creeps up earlier and earlier each year, I find it amusing that I am talking about “first signs” today, December 1. We have been seeing signs for MONTHS now. I feel like there are a multitude of first signs I look for each year:
- Santa arriving at the Macy’s Christmas Parade
- Peppermint replacing Pumpkin
- 97.1 WASH-FM Christmas music 24-7
- The Halloween clearance becomes the Christmas Sale
- Cute Christmas commercials on TV (and the sappy ones)
- Lights start to go up on houses
- Christmas Muzak in elevators and stores
- New Christmas Music CD’s coming out
So what is it that I hope to see each year? Its practicing Christmas music. I have had it start as early as September and as late as, well tonight. I have a Christmas rehearsal tonight and I am thrilled.
What is your first sign?