I had a check in with the Surgeons office on Friday and overall things are going well. He was pretty pleased with my progress. I have a few things to work. Here is a quick look at the good and the bad.
- Almost all of the wounds are healed from the surgery.
- I have lost 20 lbs since the 16th of Nov and 48 lbs overall (as of 12/1)
- I was able to move to the next food stage which added pureed soup and pudding to my limited list of foods. That will continue for 1 week and on Dec 8 I can move to “mushy food”
- I have not had some of the more common issues that people have after surgery – that is a very good thing. Means I am being cautious (and I should be).
- I am allowed to drive – short distances but I was able to get out today for a little bit here in Orange and that felt really good.
- I don’t get nearly enough protein (which I knew). The protein shakes were not working for me after the surgery, so I moved to Protein water. It is better but you have to drink A LOT to make it count. I can’t get that much liquid in me. Still trying to find the balance.
- I told the doc I am cold all the time (currently sitting here with a blanket over me and the heat is on 74 degrees). He wants me to have a blood test done to check my hormone levels and my thyroid. Looks like more needles.
- I am also still not sleeping enough so I have to contact the CPAP people and see about getting a new mask. Hopefully that will help. I am starting to feel desperate.
I go back to work tomorrow and I am really ready. I need to keep my mind occupied. But I also need to find BALANCE so that I don’t fall into the trap of sitting all day and not doing all I am supposed to. Tomorrow is day 1. We will see…